Katy B


Unless you only listen to XFM and only read the Metro, you should be aware that dubstep is getting a great big bloody load of attention of late. Not least of all because, well, it's about time.

Katy B is fresh out of the BRIT School, which whilst has had a few dodgy alumni (Dane Bowers, Katie Melua and The Kooks) has helped produce some really fantastic artists (Imogen Heap and Amy Winehouse). And I think if this track by Katy B and Benga is anything to go by, she is certainly 'one to watch'. That phrase just made me gag.

Seriously, her vocals seem to wander seamlessly through cutting beats and top notch dubstep.

I love this track.



Imagine if you only listened to XFM and read The Metro... Do you think people like that really exist? They probably like sitcoms with laughter tracks too. And use the phrase "I'm not being racist but.." a lot. And don't know who Jon Snow is. I hope I never meet one.