New Vampire Weekend - Cousins


Vampire Weekend made one of my top 20 favorite albums of this past decade, as their self titled debut was a modern day Graceland filled with ska rhythms and unforgiving hooks. On January 11th, they will be releasing their follow up album titled Contra. While I'm excited, the first track off that album (titled "Horchata") did not really blow me away and actually made me sit back and reassess my expectations. Somewhat predictably they unveiled the first single off the album today and it once again moved my expectations to possibly unreachable levels. Check it out yourself and see what you think. I had to take down my link, but I'm sure you'll find it plenty easy to find if you simply search "Vampire Weekend Cousins Hype Machine." It's already at the tip top of my most highly anticipated albums list for 2010.