Favorite Albums of 2008 - Part 1

I love lists so much. Going through them and ranking everything is an awesome time guaranteed for me, even though it's a lot of work typically. As part of the end of the year, I'm provided many list opportunities which I will be rolling out over the next weekend. I'm going to start with my favorite albums of 2008, but before I unveil my top 20 of 2008, I'm going to share the ones that didn't make it.

So see below for my 21st to 50th favorite albums of the year, and yes, I did actually listen to this much music this year. This isn't even the full list, amazingly enough.

This also further closes the gap between myself and Pitchfork's taste in music, which scares me a lot. While they had plenty of music I didn't have (or have ever heard of for that matter), we had a lot of overlap in favorite albums. Which I hate. Kind of.

21. The Hold Steady – Stay Positive
22. TV on the Radio – Dear Science,
23. M83 – Saturdays = Youth
24. Deerhunter - Microcastle
25. Of Montreal – Skeletal Lamping
26. The Stills – Oceans Will Rise
27. David Byrne and Brian Eno – Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
28. MGMT – Oracular Spectacular
29. Portugal. The Man – Censored Colors
30. Department of Eagles – In Ear Park
31. Nada Surf – Lucky
32. The Slackers – Self Medication
33. The Streets – Everything is Borrowed
34. Islands – Arm’s Way
35. Lykke Li – Youth Novels
36. Flight of the Conchords – Flight of the Conchords
37. Ratatat – LP3
38. Mutyumu – Ilya
39. Los Campesinos! – Hold On Now, Youngster…
40. Styrofoam – A Thousand Words
41. Fleet Foxes – S/T
42. Shearwater – Rook
43. No Age – Nouns
44. Coldplay – Viva La Vida
45. Does It Offend You, Yeah? - You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into
46. Forgive Durden – Razia’s Shadow
47. Hercules and Love Affair - Hercules and Love Affair
48. Little Joy – Little Joy
49. AC/DC – Black Ice
50. Kings of Leon – Only by the Night